Experience The Adventure of Bay Creek and the Eastern Shore
There are so many exciting activities for the kids and the “kids at heart” here at Bay Creek and the surrounding area. Below are a few of the annual programs.
The Barrier Island Center
- Pirates, Princes and Princesses Camp (ages 3-6 yrs.). Calling all pirates, princes and princesses to join us as we visit mysterious lands. Off we go to days when pirates ruled the seas and royalty ruled the land. We make castles, crowns, sea monsters, pirate maps and more. ARRRRGGG, your majesty, this all-new camp is filled with a bounty of music, games, activities, and creative art experiences for our noble princes, princesses and sea-faring pirates. Instructors: Traci Jones (art) and Heather Travis (music). Pre-registration is required two weeks before start date of each camp. Camp size is limited.
- Big B.I.C. Circus Camp (ages 5-10 yrs). Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls… welcome to the greatest camp on earth! The circus is coming to town, BIC style! Stretch your creative muscles as you design out of this world costumes. Clown around with circus paintings and circus faces. Tame clever circus animal sculptures. Swing along to create a balancing trapeze artist! Be the ringmaster of your own imagination at the Big BIC Circus, complete with music, carnival games, costumes, laughter, oohs and aahs and spectacular fun! Instructors: Traci Jones (art) and Heather Travis (music). Pre-registration is required two weeks before start date of each camp. Camp size is limited.
- Fish, birds, and reptiles…oh my! Come explore the natural world around us through art. Discover the wonderful colors, patterns, and textures in our own backyard. Young artists will create their own nature-inspired masterpieces- from mixed media birds and colorful windsocks to reptile relief pastels and fish printing banners. The Eastern Shore’s natural beauty will bring out the artist and musician in all of us! Pre-registration is required two weeks before start date of each camp. Camp size is limited
Visit The Barrier Island Center’s Website For Full Schedule – Barrier Island Center
Cape Charles Christian School
Cape Charles Christian School’s enhanced Lego-Stem Camp will be held July 9 through July 13. Featuring new crafts, LEGO challenges & free build, STEM activities, and outdoor play time. Crafts & activities will vary to accommodate the different ages and interests. For more information please contact Debbie at 331-1717 email@example.com
Camp Silver Beach
- Traditional Overnight Camp: Experiencing time away from home, on 151 beautiful acres on the Chesapeake Bay (25 miles from the Bay Bridge Tunnel), is the perfect camping adventure for your child! Available in one-week and two-week sessions throughout the summer. Various activities include Zip Line, Skateboarding, Disc Golf, Tennis, Basketball, Archery, Drama, Martial Arts, Soccer, and more!
- Expedition Camp: Take adventure to the next level! Expedition campers ages 13–16 will spend their week learning to live out of a tent and backpack, cook their own food, and enjoy adventures in the outdoors. In addition to outdoor skills, expedition trips help campers develop resiliency, problem solving skills, and independence all while having a great time. Campers are offsite for most of the week before spending their final night back at CSB. For each trip, Camp Silver Beach provides all the necessary gear and equipment. CSB will provide campers a specific packing list for their trip a few months before their expedition
- Teen Adventure Camp: Rising High School freshman, sophomores and juniors from all over the country and around the world come together for three weeks of adventure and fun, while forming their own community here at camp. TAC combines elements of leadership training, community service and personal growth. As the pinnacle CSB experience TAC campers enjoy three weeks of program designed to help them forge strong friendships and get the most out of camp. Most evenings TAC campers enjoy a Teen-oriented Evening Program or builds their leadership skills staging the Evening Program for the younger campers. During the week campers experience a mix of traditional camp activates, special events, and the opportunity to learn how activates are run by staff. Each weekend TAC enjoys a great field trip that is a combination of service, fun, and adventure.
- Leadership Development Program: The Leadership Development Program (LDP) is a great next-step after our Teen Adventure Program, or a wonderful first step for the older camper seeking a more in-depth and meaningful camp experience. This three-week program is open to rising 11th graders who are 16 years old by the start of the program. Each Leadership Development Program participant (LDPer) is guided through the program under the supervision of our LDP Director and Counselors. The LDPers spend two weeks as a group to start the program, participating in leadership seminars, games and tasks that develop and exercise skills in teamwork and communication. These elements incorporate the participant’s chosen land and water activities, camp-wide games, puzzle and problem-solving team events, and inter-cottage competitions. This section of the program culminates in a three-day off-site expedition that puts all their skills to the test under the close guidance of our staff. The experience ends with each LDPer taking all of the lessons they have learned and joining a counselor-led cottage to provide leadership to a group of younger campers. LDPers are always supervised by CSB staff members, and never left to supervise campers alone. This program is a great opportunity for young people to grow in confidence, build lifelong friendships, and develop their leadership potential in settings that extend far beyond the camp realm.
- Specialty Camps: While Camp Silver Beach has plenty of activities to keep campers engaged, some campers enjoy committing more time to one activity. Our Specialty Camps for ages 11–16 are a great way for campers to do so. During four days of camp, campers will spend half of each day in their chosen specialty camp.
- Ski School: Open to all campers ages 8 – 16. Campers attend ski school once during the week for three hours. This gives campers the time to develop a greater skill set in the activity. Enjoy a half day on the Occohannock Creek learning to waterski, knee board, or wakeboard (camper’s choice). Our YMCA and US Coast Guard certified counselors provide an hour of one on one instruction of each camper.
- Boating: Ages 11-16. After learning the rules of the waterway, get behind the wheel and earn a Virginia Boaters License! Campers will spend time on land lessons before driving boats under the close supervision of our staff.
- Junior Lifeguarding: Ages 11-16. Learn rescue techniques and earn certification in First Aid and CPR. Campers 14 and older will earn a Y-Aquatic Safety Assistant certification!
- Culinary: Ages 11-16. From chopping and measuring to sautéing and serving learn to create impressive meals! Working in pairs campers will learn cooking skills as they prepare and enjoy different meals each day.
- Sailing: Ages 11-16. Campers will learn the points of sail and water safety before working in pairs to sail Lasers and Sunfish. Larger groups of campers and staff will also get to take the helm of our Flying Scotts.
- Water Sports Camp: Water Sports Camp offers all the benefits of Ski School over four days. Campers can spend more time learning to waterski, knee board and wake boards.
Visit Camp Silver Beach’s Website For Full Schedule – Camp Silver Beach
In School-Age Camp at the Eastern Shore Family YMCA in Onancock, kids will enjoy a summer full of nature, water fun, games, field trips, sports, arts & crafts, and new friendships.
- Water Nation – Summer is hot but Water Nation week is so cool! This camp is all about water. Campers will spend time swimming, play water games and perform experiments with water. A field trip may be included.
- Weird Science – Ooey, gooey, slimy and sticky! Campers explore the amazing world of science as they learn fun facts and experiment with volcanoes, silly putty, ice cream and more. It has been scientifically proven that this camp is an explosive hit!
- Red, White and Glue – Celebrate America’s Birthday and independence with patriotic crafts, games, and fun. Enhance your knowledge while participating in America’s favorite summer activities and games. Learn about the history of the 4th of July. End the week with a cookout.
- For the Love of Art – Campers will work in a variety of mixed media such as watercolor, clay, pencil and collage, and will display their work at an end-of-week art show.
- Design Squad – Unleash the inner inventor in your child this summer! Campers will explore the different fields of science, engineering and technology by designing model roller coasters, building LEGO robots, conducting mind-blowing experiments and more. Whether it is a trip to Brick Headz, a camp-wide sail boat race, or an intensive Minecraft session—this camp is perfect for campers who love building and creating!
Visit Camp Thunderhead’s Website For Full Schedule – Camp Thunderhead
Check back for more information as we continue to update events!